Sunday, July 20, 2008

Favorite wedding detail

It is a little weird knowing where to start with all these details after the fact, but I do want to share them for whoever may find them useful, so I guess I will just jump in.

First of all, somewhat schizophrenic photo-documentation of the entire day can be found on our Flickr account. We had our friends post all their digital pics, so things are a little out of order.

And since this would otherwise be a very short post, I will share what was perhaps my favorite wedding-day detail, and the point around which all the decor was designed: our table centerpieces!

To remind you, they were modeled after this photo from the Knot:

I have to say that I think ours turned out even better!I was so, so pleased with how these turned out. Their construction was a labor of love between myself and our amazing florist Mark Bryan of Hairy Mary's in Bucks County, PA. I had the boxes constructed for $6 each by a woman I met at a local craft fair. After searching for months, I found the lanterns for 50% off at Joann's--$8 each. I made the table numbers by stamping on largish river rocks I purchased from Target (I think the whole bag was about $5 or $6. FYI, StazOn ink is the only kind that will adhere to rock, apparently.)
I showed Mark the inspiration photo, discussed how we wanted to use the herbs as favors and how we wanted a little more floral than the photo, and then he just went to town. Total charge from the florist per box was $55 each (keep in mind that included potted herb favors, moss, and flowers).

There were nine tables total, but I had purchased about 5 extra boxes and lanterns, and we had originally budgeted for 12 tables-worth of centerpieces. So Mark filled the rest of the boxes with herbs and placed them in the gorgeous wide windowsills around the room at the reception (there were 12!). We originally only budgeted for two large window arrangements and a few small sprigs of greens with mason jars and candles for the other sills, so the extra boxes made a big impact.

Total cost per centerpiece--just under $70. (But again, that includes the cost of favors, so I think it is a steal.)

2 comments:

Proof...recession proof, that is said...

Your stationary looked great! Any chance you are ready to sell your Gocco to a bride to be? :) If so, email me! lajones08@gmail.com

andvet said...

Thanks for the compliment and congrats on your upcoming wedding! Unfortunately, I grew kind of attached to the Gocco and plan to keep using it. Sorry!